1 package of Cubanita Sugar Free Guava Paste (cut into 8 equal strips)
1 small package of fat free cream cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons of Splenda
1 package of reduced fat crescent rolls (I'm sure the whole wheat biscuits would be just as good)
2 teaspoons of Splenda or you can even try the new truvia
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Put cream cheese and 1 1/2 tablespoons of Splenda into mixer. Mix on high for 1 minute or until it looks nice and airy.
2. Place a piece of parchment paper on the cookie sheet.
3. Roll out dough individually. Then in each roll spread 1 tbls of cream cheese onto dough, then place a strip of guava. Roll dough and pinch ends shut so that nothing oozes out during baking.
4. Beat egg and 2 tsp of water.
5. With a brush (or in my case a napkin) lightly brush top of pastry with egg wash.
6. Sprinkle remaining Splenda over pastries, and enter into pre-heated oven.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until completely baked and golden brown.
8. Place on cooling rack for at least 10 minutes. (I know they smell and look good, but if you bite into them too early you WILL get burned. Trust me been there done that. hehe)