Thursday, November 20, 2008
Sugar Free Reduced Fat Pumpkin Cheesecake
Every year my mother in law makes absolutely the BEST pumpkin cheesecake. Due to diet restrictions, I cannot have her original version. :0( So I searched everywhere for an equivilant, and believe this to be it's best , healthier, replacement. (It's an adaptation from Atkins cookbook)
Almond Flour Crust: Made for 9” pie
· 1 1/2 cups almond meal or almond flour
· 3 tablespoons melted of light butter
· 3 tablespoons Truvia (or it’s equivalent)
· ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Melt the butter (if the pie pan is microwave safe, melt the butter in it) and mix the ingredients up in the pan and pat into place with your fingertips.
2. Bake for about 10 minutes until the crust is beginning to brown. After 8 minutes, check every minute or so, because once it starts to brown it goes quickly.
3. Set aside and allow crust to cool completely.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
· 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened. (may use light or fat free but won’t be so creamy)
· 2/3 cup Splenda
· 1 cup heavy cream (suggest replacing with non fat half and half)
· 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
· 3 large eggs (or ¾ cup of egg whites eggbeaters)
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 F. Combine cream cheese, Splenda, and cream in a large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth with an electric mixer at medium speed. Add pumpkin puree, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice, mixing to combine. Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until combine.
2. Pour batter over crust. Bake until just set, 45 to 50 minutes. Turn off oven and let stand 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. 4 hours or overnight.