1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms
8 crimini mushrooms (sliced)
2 teaspoon fresh rosemary (minced)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1/4 cup onion (small dice)
2 tablespoons parsley (minced
1. Soak porcini mushrooms in very hot water for 30 minutes. Drain and reserve 1/2 C of soaking liquid. Roughly chop mushrooms.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté crimini mushrooms until lightly browned (about 3 minutes). Remove and set aside.
3. Heat another tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion and garlic with rosemary until softened (about 1-2 minutes).
4. Add quinoa and sauté 1 minute. Add broth, porcini mushrooms, and reserved soaking liquid and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until all liquid is absorbed (about 15 minutes). Add sautéed crimini mushrooms during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
6. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
Makes 8 servings.